All applications are online through UCAS Teacher Training accessible via www.ucas.com/apply/teacher-training. Applications cannot be submitted until they are complete and two references are attached. There will be a single application form and one personal statement.
To find out more information about how the process works go to http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/teacher-training.
Applicants are invited to an interview if their application is successful. Interviews take place at the Omega Teaching Centre, in Warrington (currently conducted remotely).
The process may involve the following activities:
- Informal discussion with the Director of School Improvement
- Teaching activity with a group of learners
- Opportunity to meet and speak with a group of pupils who will ask some questions
- Written task
- Short presentation to interview panel
- Formal interview with school leaders who are able to assess your suitability for becoming an Associate Teacher.
Following the interview the decision makers will either offer an unconditional offer, a conditional offer or a rejection which will be processed through UCAS.